We’re looking for a producer!
Do you have experience placing artwork or arts events at festivals in the UK? If so, we would like to hear from you.
From Jan 2022 (flexibility for the right candidate)
Visual Artist, Anna Berry, is looking to hire a Producer or Project Manager with strong communication skills to work on her on her kinetic installation piece Breathing Room. We are ideally looking for someone who already has existing relationship with festivals and/or galleries, however mentoring and consultancy can be added to the team. You will be working in conjunction with an experienced Production Manager who will oversee the install of the artwork.
Breathing Room by Milton Keynes-based artist Anna Berry is a walk-in kinetic light installation that perfectly combines organic and machine elements, creating a unique sensory experience.
Below is a list of duties you will need to undertake. We appreciate the successful candidate may not have all of the skills we are looking for, so please do still apply if you think this job is for you as we can bring in additional training, mentoring and/or consultancy for the right candidate.
- Proactively approach promoters/festivals and seek opportunities for the artwork,aided by the artwork pitch pack and video assets
- Field incoming booking enquiries
- Create suitable quotations for clients
- Work with the Production Manager to oversee production logistics, contracting, scheduling, crew contracting and team logistics, for future bookings
- Manage the budgets for each booking, as well as the ongoing budget for artwork overheads (storage, repairs, insurance etc)
- Keep marketing and access information up to date for the artwork
- Support Anna with Access to Work claims for staffing support, where required
- Seek out opportunities for the artwork, which may include pitching, applying for funding to further develop the piece, and working with Anna as the piece evolves
- Experience of working within disability arts is advantageous, but not essential and training will be provided
- The post is offered on a remote working basis
Please provide a current CV in PDF format, along with a short (maximum 1 A4 page) cover letter or 2 minute video, explaining your interest in the work and relevant experience. Please send applications to Kate McStraw on email@example.com with Producer Breathing Room as the subject title.
Deadline for applications: DEADLINE EXTENDED – 11am Thursday 18th November. Interviews will take place over Zoom by the end of November, in discussion with the applicants. Applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview by Monday 22nd November.
Location: remote working, some in person working in Milton Keynes from time to time
Rate of pay: £150-£200 per day, dependant on experience, some of which will be reclaimed through Access to Work funds
Initial contract period: 10 days commitment for tour booking and ongoing budgeting/quoting work and (remote) meetings with Anna and the production team. Once bookings are in place, 3-5 days work for each booking is paid for through the presentation fees received. It is expected that the producer would be dedicated to see bookings through from pitch to delivery and wrap up.
Freelance contract, ongoing depending on booking interest received.
Start date: January 2022, some flexibility possible
For an informal chat to discuss the project and post with Kate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!